Assuming the IRCAL is cold, stable, and communicating with AO software do the following steps to get started. This assumes at least moderate familiarity with IRCAL software.
- On karnak login as user, and start the ircal software:
- On gouda's console, start eventsounds ircal if the AO operator hasn't started it yet.
- Take a short test image to make sure camera and software are operating
- Set exposure time, nreads, coadds, exposure number, object name, and program.
- Press Expose button to take exposure.
- Focus IRCAL.
- Image sharpen.
- Take dome flats if necessary.
- Take sky and/or twilight flats.
- Take science data (preferably using scripts).
- Take darks.
- Archive your data by copying it to DVD, CD, your laptop computer, and/or ftp it to your home institution.
Elinor Gates Last modified: Thu Nov 13 16:37:22 PST 2008